Made from the finest Sangiovese grapes of the estate, this wine matures in oak for two years. Its tannins give the wine its extraordinary texture: they are as concentrated as the fruit is mellow. It has a distinct tangy quality on the palate and
rich fruit on the nose, with evolved tones of fruit and dried flowers. It is a wine that expresses perfectly the terroir of Chianti Classico, whose very landscape it captures in the bottle. One can detect the high-altitude vineyards in its finesse, the heat of the earth in its depth and the nuances of woodlands in its extraordinarily persistent bouquet. It is a wine to serve with succulent, rich dishes, to be drunk with respect for history but also with the joy of discovery.
VINIFICATION AND AGEING: The must, which comes from grapes picked by hand, is placed in horizontal vinifi cation tanks where it remains for around 3 weeks. Once the malolactic fermentation is complete, the wine immediately goes into oak casks for aging. Maturation lastes 15 months: 10% of the wine goes into Allier oak barriques, the remaining 90% into traditional Slavonian oak barrels. This is followed by 12 months maturation in stainless steel and a further three months in bottle before release.
TYPE OF SOIL: The vineyard is situated at Pian d’Albola in the hills of Radda in Chianti, at an altitude of around 400 m. (1,310 ft.). It has a southerly exposure, and lies on well-structured clayey soils characterized by the presence of stones (the famous alberese found throughout the Chianti Classico zone).
GRAPES: 100% Sangiovese.
COLOR: ruby red.
TASTING DESCRIPTORS: The nose is ample with delicate fragrances of red fruits, violets, irises, licorice, wood spice, and earth. The palate is full and balanced, showing notes of almonds, tobacco, toasted wood, bright red fruits, sweet herbs, exotic spices, and delicate minerals that lead to robust tannins and a long finish.
FOOD COMBINATIONS: Goes well with richly-flavored dishes, almost all types of meats and fish that are grilled, barbecued, marinated, roasted or stuffed as well as mature cheeses.
Goes well with richly-flavored dishes, almost all types of meats and fish that are grilled, barbecued, marinated, roasted or stuffed as well as mature cheeses.
Country of Origin:
Rua Quinta dos Álamos n.º 3, 2625-577 Vialonga, PORTUGAL
Notice about our product information:
Always confirm the information on the article label. Food products are subject to constant change, for this reason, we recommend that you always read the labeling information that accompanies each product, including the nutritional information, ingredient list, storage, preparation and use instructions as well as other information before use or consumption.