Almond, Raspberry and Goat Cheese Empanadas
Delicious empanada dessert, made with a filling of fresh raspberries, sweet goat cheese and sliced almonds.
350 g of fresh raspberries
280-310 g goat's cheese at room temperature
1 tablespoon of orange zest
½ cup almond slices
1 egg white and yolk separated and beaten
¼ cup demerara sugar to cover
- Mix the goat cheese, vanilla and orange zest in a bowl, mixing well.
- To assemble the empanadas, place a spoonful of the cheese, some raspberries and a few slices of almonds in the center of each disc.
- Brush the edges of the discs with the egg white.
- Fold the empanada discs and seal the edges using a fork to help.
- Brush the top of the empanadas with egg yolk, this will help to give them a golden touch when they bake.
- Place some of the almond slices on top of the empanadas immediately after brushing them with the yolk, to stick them together.
- Spread demerara sugar over the empanadas.
- Leave in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or until ready to use, this helps seal them better.
- Cook the empanadas in a preheated oven at 180ºC for about 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Serve it hot.
As Novidades do seu Mundo de Sabores